Automated & Manual Gates
JMC Sats provide a full range of Automated & Manual Gates and installation services to suit any home, business or commercial application, whatever your budget or needs. We use our years of security expertise to assess the risks for each location and then provide the solution to suit you. If you have an existing system, we can upgrade it for you.
JMC Sats supply automated or manual high quality, beautiful aluminium driveway gates and pedestrian/garden gates throughout Ireland.
Some of the benefits of aluminium gates are:
- Naturally corrosion resistant – Aluminium Oxide generates a rust resistant shield, suitable for a saline environment.
- Strong, stable & light – Aluminium is a perfect material for the fabrication of gates. It is strong & lighter than traditional materials.
- Naturally low maintenance – Simply wash down with soapy water and rinse.
- Wide range of choices – Available in a variety of sizes and colours for a beautifully aesthetic finish.
- Eco-friendly – Aluminium gates can be made from recycled material for a lesser environmental impact & can be recycled again & again.
Automated gates go beyond the convenience of simply opening and closing your gates at the push of a button without having to leave your car, which is always an advantage on a dark night or in wet weather.
Automated gates also have additional benefits of
- eliminating the struggle to open or close a heavy manual gate
visitors must use an intercom outside the gate to let you know that they are there before you let them in.
- with security in mind, once an electric gate is closed, it cannot be forced open by hand preventing intruders simply walking up the drive.
- having automated gates adds extra style and exclusivity to your home.
It is possible to automate existing gates, so there is no need to replace your existing gates. There are several types of electric gate systems, and the choice of system depends on the type of gate you have or want and how that gate is to open.
Several different types of Swing gate automation are available: Under-ground systems, Ram-type operators or Articulated Arms.
Under-ground Automated Systems
Under-ground gate automation systems are installed in the ground below the gate and the motor becomes the bottom hinge of the gate.
Ram Automated Systems
A Ram-type operator is a long arm which is mounted behind the gate, approximately one third the way up the gate and is attached to the gate pillar. Ram operators are normally used on large heavy gates or sheeted gates.
Articulted Arm Systems
Articulated Arm operators are used on wide pillars as an alternative to an underground gate automation system. The Articulated Arm motor is mounted behind the pillar out of sight and a heavy steel arm reaches around the pillar to attach to the gate.
Underground or Articulated arm systems are probably the most popular choices for automating gates due to their neat appearance.
Sliding gates are most used when other gate installations aren’t possible. Sliding gates are great if you have limited space or rough ground. Rather than having a gate that opens inwards or outwards, sliding gates either run on tracks or a trackless cantilever system.
As with everything, there are pros and cons to a sliding gate.
Some advantages of sliding gates are:
- Compact installation
- Sliding gates can be seen to offer more as they are harder to force open and they may also appear to be more secure so act as a deterrent.
- Sliding gates aren’t affected by the wind like swing gates can potentially be.
- More suitable for wide openings.
- Suitable for slopes or uneven ground.
Some disadvantages of sliding gate are:
- Need space to the side of the gate – the space that the gate will need to slide open is the same width of the gate plus a third. The gate will usually slide along the boundary fence or wall.
- You will need to fit a track across the ground which will need maintenance and to be kept clean. Unless you choose a cantilever gate which doesn’t require a ground track.
- Can be noisier than swing gates.
- Your gate design can only be rectangular in shape.
All of our Automated Gate Systems are designed just for you and your budget. For further information or pricing information, please contact us.